While I was doing some research for my grey crewneck sweatshirt post, I came across Nordstrom's 10 fall essentials post, and wanted to share it with you all. Not necessarily because it's groundbreaking or a must-see, but because I do agree with a lot of it, and think it could be a decent guide for some of you heading into F/W 2013.
In case you're too lazy to click through, here's the cheat sheet:
1. Wool overcoat : Definitely agree with this, a must for winter. Look for one that ends before your knees though.
2. Crewneck sweatshirt : See previous post to view my opinion on the matter.
3. Quilted jacket : This is probably one I disagree with. Quilted jackets (especially by Barbour) are cool and all, but certainly not an essential in my book.
4. Chunky cardigan : My chunky cardigan has saved me from the cold on more than a couple occasions. Thus, this is also a must.
5. Brown leather-strap watch : I'm finding that brown leather straps are more versatile than black leather straps for me. Perhaps it's because I own more earth-toned clothing, but either way, I concur with this item.
6. Patterned sport coat : This is another one that I don't necessarily find essential. I'm a fan of patterned sport coats, but don't go rushing out to buy one of these just because Nordstrom told you to.
8. Corduroy pants : Corduroy pants came back last year pretty strong during the fall and winter months. I think they are a good item to have since they're warm and also something different from your daily denim. Essential though? Maybe.
9. Iconic sunglasses : Not sure why this is a must have for fall and winter, but sure, iconic sunglasses are always good to have.
10. Dress boots : I own 3 dress boots, need I say more?
Though everything Nordstrom.com offers isn't always my style or taste, there are some really good finds in there if you dig long enough. Get yourself some fall/winter clothing in preparation for the changing winds. Cheers.